When using disposable safety gloves to protect workers’ hands from harmful materials such as chemicals, pathogens or other hazards, it’s critical that the gloves in question are robust enough to resist those hazards.
One of the most challenging industries for workers when it comes to hand safety is the automotive industry, where workers face exposure to corrosive materials, abrasive objects, and other potentially harmful materials. As the UK’s leading automotive hand protection specialist, Unigloves is dedicated to producing disposable safety gloves which are as hard-working as your workers.
Unigloves’ heavy duty nitrile disposable gloves have been developed to be some of the most durable gloves in our range, suitable for the most punishing of tasks.
Unigloves heavy duty nitrile disposable gloves
The Unigloves' PRO.TECT nitrile range is a complete range of silicone-free gloves designed specifically for challenging work environments such as those in the automotive, painting, and manufacturing industries. Produced using Unigloves’ advanced manufacturing procedures, the PRO.TECT range, featuring our heavy duty nitrile disposable gloves, is designed to be stronger, more durable, and offering a longer single-use lifespan.
The HD gloves in our PRO.TECT range offer several key benefits, including:
- Strength: Our heavy duty disposable nitrile gloves’ ultra-heavyweight construction is tough, durable and long-lasting, suitable for the most challenging jobs. The beaded cuff offers extra protection against tearing and added protection against liquid roll-back.
- Resistance: The Unigloves HD gloves are tested to EN374 and protect workers against the oils and greases often present in automotive roles. They are also our most robust chemically resistant range, protecting workers against brake fluid, thinners, diesel and more. What’s more, our ambidextrous fit means not having to dispose of a full set after a single tear.
- Comfort: With a latex-like feel, our HD range is not only strong, but comfortable to wear and easy to work with. The Unigloves formulation means a soft, form-fitting glove suitable for extended wear.
- Latex-free: Our heavy duty nitrile disposable gloves are latex-free, suitable to be worn by those with a latex allergy and used in environments where workers might come into contact with the public.
- Powder free and silicone-free: Our HD nitrile powder free gloves reduce the risk of Type I allergic reactions and particulate contamination, while our silicone-free formula means no residue or marks on glass or metal surfaces.
- Tested to EN1186: Our heavy duty nitrile disposable gloves are suitable for contact with all food types, including fatty and oily foods.
- Maximum grip performance: Our HD gloves feature an ergonomic grip (scoring maximum points in international testing), and a diamond textured grip for maximum grip performance, even in wet or oily conditions.
Applications for heavy duty nitrile disposable gloves
The entire PRO.TECT range, including our heavy duty nitrile disposable gloves, are chemically resistant, incredibly strong, and built for comfort. Their silicone-free formula was developed to meet the increasing demand for silicone-free working environments, particularly in manufacturing, painting and automotive industries.
Our Nitrile HD gloves are the ideal glove solution for working environments that require a glove with greater durability and lifespan without compromising on worker comfort or safety. This makes them suitable for a broad range of industrial applications, including:
- Automotive: Ultra-heavyweight, tough and comfortable, our Nitrile HD gloves protect automotive workers against brake fluid, battery acid, oils and grease, abrasive materials and more, all while being comfortable to wear. The textured palms and fingertips allow for better grip in oily and wet conditions.
- Chemical handling: Our heavy duty nitrile disposable gloves are resistant to many chemicals commonly found in industrial workplaces, including sulphuric acid, hydrogen peroxide, acetic acid, fuel, oils and more. (See our recent blog, What Do Nitrile Gloves Protect Against, for more information on chemical resistance.)
- Cleaning: Protect cleaners’ hands against some of the potentially harmful chemicals involved in both domestic and industrial cleaning applications, reduce the risk of cross-contamination and reduce risk to the public, such as patients in healthcare environments.
- Painting: The silicone-free formula of our heavy duty nitrile gloves means not only do they protect the hands, but the gloves also remove the threat of glove-borne paint contamination.
- Lab work: Protect against pathogens and a range of harmful chemicals, all whilst offering a sensitive touch and an elastic formula.
Our HD Range
Our heavy duty nitrile disposable gloves range includes:
PRO.TECT Orange HD – heavy duty orange nitrile gloves
PRO.TECT Green HD – heavy duty green nitrile gloves
PRO.TECT Black HD – heavy duty black nitrile gloves
PRO.TECT Green HD+ - heavy duty extended cuff green nitrile gloves
PRO.TECT Black HD+ - heavy duty extended cuff black nitrile gloves
Unigloves has been manufacturing high-quality, single-use safety gloves for over 30 years. Over that time, we’ve adopted the latest in technologies and materials to produce industry-specific gloves for every application and have become Europe’s leading disposable safety glove manufacturer.
“Our comprehensive PRO.TECT Automotive gloves range combines performance, chemical protection, comfort and durability, offering a fantastic solution for workers right across the automotive sector,” said Donald Gillespie, Marketing Director of Unigloves.
Our PRO.TECT range, including our heavy duty nitrile gloves, protect wearers with enhanced durability, superior chemical resistance and a longer life span, offering workplaces not only premium protection for their workers, but a better cost alternative to other, inferior gloves on the market. Discover our full heavy duty nitrile gloves range on our website today.